SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zazfuzzroc

Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!

zazfuzzroc
9 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two options.. Not permanently staying in this home. I like the brightness of the wood, but not the variation in it, along with a few knots. Not going for a "country" look. Sorry. The other counter is laminate and looks like doo-doo brown (lol), but these are really the only affordable choices I have. I don't want to special order anything since I'll be moving. Any opinions are much appreciated. (The tiles in the images attached are the tiles I'm using.) Everything was changed due to a water leak. Also, I'm changing the lights to brushed stainless and adding some cans. Sorry if this is confusing. Trust me I'm confused myself. I think next time I'll ask the houzzers in the beginning. :) Pictures with both lights on and off. Also, the peninsula is staying with the butcherblock. The light really effects the wall and countertop colors. I'm exhausted. :)

Comments (120K)

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    2 days ago

Tgb1, thank you... I hope you had a nice mom's day!🥰

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    2 days ago

Tiff, I think the TJMx goodies are arriving tomorrow...so I'll post if they do. I just hope they pack them well.

• Related Discussions

Pulling out my HAIR..

Q

Comments (1)
    Nutsedge (Cyperus)
    ...See More

Tearing my hair out, looking for pulls

Q

Comments (13)
    I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!! The Knob Shop is an ebay store and they also have a store in Walker, MI. Their prices are VERY reasonable! They sell 3 different finishes of ORB and 1 finish is ORB with dark, matte finish (no highlights)! I ordered some knobs and pulls and I got free shipping since I ordered over 25 items. When I received them, they were very nice. However since my cabinets have a dark walnut stain, the matte finish blended in too much and I thought a highlighted finish would look better. I returned them hassle free, I just had to pay for return shipping. I shipped them back in the same small flat rate box for around $6. The owners are very nice. You can call or email them and they will help you find what you are looking for (if you don't see it in their online catalog). I've done a lot of research on cabinet hardware. ORB varies SO much and it is often hard to tell what kind of finish is in the picture. The Knob Shop specifies the type of ORB finish the item has which is very helpful. HTH, Good luck! :) Here is a link that might be useful: The Knob Shop Ebay Store
    ...See More

Cabinets...pulling out my hair!

Q

Comments (3)
    Be careful about "hiding" numbers...if he finds out, how will he react? What worked for me was to pick something else that I was willing to "downgrade" to a less expensive model/version to show that I was willing to compromise to get what I really wanted (in your case, the more expensive cabinets). It didn't have to be the same amount, it just had to be something that would affect the "bottom line" at least somewhat. Of course, this is all b/w you and him. If this is your "forever" kitchen, maybe your DH will be willing to go along with what you really want, knowing that you "won't be doing this again!" As to my kitchen, we seem to be on track, finally. We've had a couple of hiccups the last week or so, but we're still moving forward (insulation issue, 6" wall that's really 7-1/4" deep--ouch for clearance issue). As someone on my "Round 2" thread said, I'm guessing they can't wait to get done w/our kitchen since we're so "picky"...we just want it done RIGHT with no surprises down the line (like uninsulated walls!)
    ...See More

Need help Choosing LR Chandelier - Pulling my hair out! Help..

Q

Comments (16)
    I found it! Went shopping in New Orleans and stopped by Home & Garden in Covington, LA. This store had been written talked about in some of the decorating blogs I frequent. Truly eye candy city. They carry Suzanne Kasler's Hickory Chair line. Absolutely beautiful. I could have stayed there forever. But, after I stopped drooling over the beautiful furniture, I found THE chandelier. I can't wait to hang it and post pictures but, I thought I would share. What do you think? Do you guys like it? Thanks for all the wonderful advice. I'll post pics after I hang it. I also found all my fabric at a great place in New Orleans that has the best prices on Jefferson Linen. I can post if anyone is interested.
    ...See More
  • zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    2 days ago

Painting is on hold... unless I do it flat on the table or something..we'll see, cause this arm is not functioning too well. 🙄

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    2 days ago
    last modified: 2 days ago

lol Btydrvn, no mansion or greenhouse, but lots of flowers I can do. 😊

Btw, how have you been doing?

• liasch
    2 days ago

Zaz, I think I missed what happened to your arm… What’s the story?

zazfuzzroc thanked liasch
  • happyleg
    2 days ago

Weird experience when I was cooking...zigzag & blurry almost blind spot! It lasted 15 annoying mins.

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    2 days ago

Happy, that sounds like an ocular migraine. If it was, more scary than it usually is. I have gotten one b4 from too much screen time on houzz. LOL

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    2 days ago
    last modified: 2 days ago

Lia, I'll copy paste it for ya... and still no idea if you saw the art piece, so I'll post 2/3 pics for ya. lol We keep missing each other, hope I catch ya this time around. 😊

...here's the post....about my shoulder.

"Oh...and unbelievable... but, I hurt my fre@kin shoulder!!!

I walked into the living room early this morning and all of a sudden one of the dumb smart speakers I have says ok... playing music from Pandora... 😳🙄 I never asked it to play anything... I ran to tell it to stop before it woke up Tiny, who was still asleep...and my foot hit the exercise bike we have in the living room... and I flew forward, and my forearm caught the wall...thankfully, but I jarred the heck out of my shoulder. I can't extend my arm out from my body. (this happened when I worked production work b4...but that was a while back and my shoulders have been good) This sux...because I can only use my arm close to my body. 🙄 So I guess my gym days will be legs and abdomen for a while, ugh.... 😕

I tell ya, i'd like to find Google and give them a swift kick where the sun don't shine. LOL😂"

• happyleg
    2 days ago

I was on my phone 1 hr. I don't know if that's why? I have lost a lot of sleep this past month!

• printesa
    yesterday

zaz, I am so sorry to hear about your shoulder..I hope you feel better today..That sounds like a nasty hit..Hugs and cold compresses:)

zazfuzzroc thanked printesa
  • tiffany66
    yesterday

Happy I am right there with you on having very little sleep. Oh my your experience finding the poo in the litter would have put me over the edge. I just sniff something unpleasant and and I am gagging or worse. The dog would get sick and I was sick right along with him. Just have no stomach for any of that.

Too bad you didn’t ask him “If you didn’t do this, then who do you think did? Might have been interesting to see what he thought.

Zaz is the span of just a few seconds everything you thought you were going to be doing changes suddenly. I hope your shoulder gets better soon. It probably wont be quick, but hey you can hope. I think there is something in the air.

Thanks Zaz for including us non Moms in your wishes. I did have furbabies so they kinda count but they weren’t big gift givers. But don’t feel sad. Strangely knew when I was 13, I wasn’t destine to have a baby and just clearly understood that wasn’t my path. I new that as clearly as I knew my eyes are green. I never had a day of sadness over it either, just total acceptance. Was probably a wise decision of my maker, given my terribly weak stomach for stuff.

zazfuzzroc thanked tiffany66
  • printesa
    yesterday

tiffany, you are probably a rare case, knowing so early in life what you want. I am glad that you are happy with your choice. Some are meant to be moms, while others will help others like you do. You would have been a great mother, but you did a lot for your family and now those around you. You are a blessing for many.

When are you coming back to MI? You have to find some good pizza there:) See nextdoor site to get suggestions. I find it more useful than any other reviews

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Agree with Printesa for sure..👍

• liasch
    yesterday

Ugh…Zaz, you might need to see somebody about that. It’s true ice is the first round but it also sounds like it might need a bit of adjusting. If you can handle taking Advil it’s also good for inflammation.

Yes I had Alexa do exactly the same thing. I woke up one morning and for some strange reason she decided to play music. Hasn’t happened since. It’s a titch scary.

zazfuzzroc thanked liasch
  • zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Happy, that very well could be it... Are you better now, no more symptoms?

• liasch
    yesterday

Happy, if a cat gets constipated they can put out an incredible amount of poo. I watched my cat in the garden one day a couple years ago and I couldn’t believe that that tiny cat could hold that much in. so it might not be the seven-year-old not to mention it’s extremely difficult to poo into a litter box. No I’ve never actually tried it… Iol

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Lol Lia, I know what you mean...seems like these "smart" devices have a mind of their own. Think I'll pass on bringing any robot into the house. 😁

Thank you and yep, I took advil yesterday... I am hoping I don't have to have anything adjusted. I am trying to move it little by little, though it hurts if I go too far. I need to move though....because if I am too cautious, then I know it will affect my neck and a migraine from that, is the last thing I want.

I did go to the gym, I just worked out my upper body with only my left arm... it was, different...lol I may use low weight and try to stretch this out... I can't not do things that need to get done, ya know...?

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

LOL Lia, that last sentence to Happyleg has me rolling...😂

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Thank you Printesa, and ya know...it must be my week.... cause this morning, as I was getting ready for the gym... I decided to kick my pjs across the bathroom floor... and let's just say that was a real bad idea... because as I gave them a second kick... I whacked the foot I hit on the bike, right into the corner of the wall by the shower...and now my ankle hurts too! LOL

Yep...def not my week. 😂

• happyleg
    yesterday

I wish when I'm sleeping I don't wake up because my left hand is going numb and I have to rub my hand and stretch my fingers by pulling on each one and doing that for a while to either rolling over to go back to sleep or something else then I was mad when I got up later hour and I got up when oh was here but the later hour he left the garage open so it was open for 4 hours without me knowing it that makes me mad

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday
    last modified: yesterday

Tiffany, I am so with you... I would be gagging to de@th... just cannot, sometimes even the thought of a smell, and I gag. LOL

Thanks about the shoulder, I'm hanging in there...I'll survive. :) But yeah...what a fun week. 😁

You're welcome and thank you for sharing, not only now...but with us everyday... you are a special person, who brings smiles to many.

And btw... if you really aren't making a thread (though I tried...lol, thought it would be fun) you know you can always post pics and stuff here...no prob. Have you done any more at the new place b4 you left, that you may not have mentioned? Do you have plans when you head back...?

• happyleg
    yesterday

The pool was probably almost two thumbs long for measurement and 2 in wide and thickness 2 in thickness when I say 2 in wide it was quite puffy and hopefully you're not eating or drinking

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Happy, I get it... I wake up all night, one arm tingling, then the other hand... lay on my back and my right thigh goes completely de@d... it's annoying, but at this point, I'm so used to it...I just roll over and go back to sleep. Can you sleep with a splint to help?

I don't like the garage door open either... sometimes one of them doesn't close the interior garage door well...and then it flings open when we get wind, or someone opens the front door. Don't feel safe finding that open...only positive is all the junk we have in the garage, they would prob kill themselves b4 they found their way in... LOL

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

LOL Happy, nope...not eating...and my espresso is just sitting here, no worries, poo happens. 😂

• happyleg
    yesterday

There's junk in my garage too oh she's a real pig about hoarding his stuff and there's a path around my car so they could make their way easy

• tiffany66
    yesterday

Printesa, I never made a conscious choice about being a Mom and I never did anything to prevent it. I just remember when I was 13 my friend came over one day and she tells me she found out how babies are made. After she told me, I processed it and told her yep I can see how that could work. Then I just had this strange feeling come over me that I would never have the experience of being pregnant. It was just matter of fact. I thought it odd at the time and it seemed silly. But time only proved that fact to be true.

Its kind of like knowing you'll never be 6 foot tall or your eye color isn't going to change and you just accept it I have always been given insight to my future in glimpses. It was actually just a thought through my inner voice that I learned my destiny. Just like a young boy who is short comes to realize he is never going to grow up up to be like Magic Johnson no matter what he does. I think we each have our role to play in the world based on our gifts. They come in many forms -- neither good or bad, just different. I could never imagine Lia not immersed in art any more than I could imaging Printesa not in her garden or Zaz not making flower arrangements, or Alice not surrounded by kittens and cats. It's just all good.

One positive for me is I never had to figure out how to convince a little one not to poop in kitty litter. ROTFLOL Loved that story Happy so funny. But truly I'm not disappointed I never had that experience.

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Tiff, our goodies are delivered...gonna go unbox, let's hope everything is in one piece. :)

• printesa
    yesterday

zaz, it looks it's one of those weeks..ugh..hope that ankle feels better..You might need a break:) You know your body best and I am sure you are not pushing it.

What did you buy?:)

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Thanks Printesa, maybe,...lol I don't seem to be having the best luck. :D

I rested today, no cleaning or anything...but life sure is boring not doing anything... haha

I was gonna get a peony pic...but rain again, so no luck... and it's a shame because the plants have so many buds! 😍🥰💖

I was also gonna post to see where you guys thought I should plant them.

What did I buy you ask...lol a few things.. :) I'll post tomorrow... but I bought a candle, a balloon...lol, a card... :D a few scents, not expensive and mainly for the bottles.. lol, a bowl with gold leopard print... umm, some beauty blenders for concealer..they were cute colors and came in a container... I bought snacks for them... nuts and protein bars. I bought coffee...lol What else....umm, oh yeah, a brush and comb, and a pink Adidas cap. I know there was other things, nothing big... but I'll check and add that...tomorrow. :)

What were you up to today, did you have rain all day like us?

• printesa
    yesterday

It's good to have lazy days, especially after stressful times. I get bored as well when I can't do things..tomorrow is another day:)

No rain here...we were supposed to have rain all week, but thankfully we only had clouds today..The garden is wet, but it looks clear until Saturday.

Your shopping is always fun:) we have to see some of those goodies whenever you have time. No more dresses?:)

The peonies here are blooming, but slowly. This weather with hot and cold and humidity seems to affect them, but these late blooming ones might last longer because of the cool weather.

I am sure you can find some spots for yours.. As long as they get sun, they are happy:)

• tiffany66
    yesterday

Zaz maybe when we have what we consider is bad luck, in really IS good luck. Your fall, although it forced you to be more idle than you'd like, may be the time you needed to reflect on the very things you don't notice while you are in the frenzy of running your life. Perhaps it gives your family an opportunity to see what you do and do more for you when you would otherwise not let them. So, could it be viewed a gift in disguise???

zazfuzzroc thanked tiffany66
  • tiffany66
    yesterday

LOL Thanks Printesa for the vote of confidence. I'm guessing by how I was with our four dogs, I may have been an adequate Mom. But, I also know my kids would probably be in therapy because their Mom is a little out there. For example, if my child wouldn't get dressed for school, I'd most likely put their clothes in a bag; put the tot in the car; hand both to the teacher; and say here you go. If she/he is embarrassed by her peers she/he might want ti put these on. I'd tell my little one "This is going to be a great day." LOL. Good news is Dogs cant tell anyone you are a P.I. T. A. (DISCLAIMER: not to be confused with the bread) LOL.

• tiffany66
    yesterday

Happy did I read your post right? Did you just give us the poo in the litter measurements? OR did my 2 oz of wine make me mis-read your post??? If yes, then I applaud you for your accurate description which completes my visual. ROTFLOL. ‍😁🤦‍♀️

• happyleg
    16 hours ago

My granddaughter might be leaving for Montana with a cabin out there that she can rent for $100 and she can work as a clerk in a store but they haven't called her back yet but she's been driving me nuts aunt wanting me to give her my password to ancestry cuz she wants to search through there what she wants is information about my grandmother but I don't want to give her my password I had to get that account when she paid for my sample and she's been a pain in the you know where about it for a while cuz she I couldn't give her more information and then she would tell me that she paid for it and she wants information I gave her what I could give her but she didn't listen to my story before long time ago when she was a teen I explained things to her and then she hired a psychic and they gave her some kind of information too and it was pretty accurate and very interesting I already knew all that

• happyleg
    16 hours ago

And yes Tiffany I did give you visual measurements because I don't believe it's the cats even though it was in a row first row second row four of them to be exact but I still say he did it hopefully he'll quit cuz I asked him and then his sister teased him

• happyleg
    16 hours ago

And Tiffany I gave those measurements more for Lia cuz she has cats and what she was saying maybe they were constipated but you think they would have covered it really stunk so bad

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    15 hours ago

lol ok... now I just might gag hahaha

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    15 hours ago

😂

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    15 hours ago

True Tiffany, there's always a positive aspect to everything...sometimes we don't see that in the moment. I mean, I could have missed the wall and whacked right into the floor... face first, so yeah...lol it could have been good luck too. :)

• Alice Edwards
    15 hours ago

😂

• printesa
    14 hours ago

zaz, some peonies for you:)

• liasch
    13 hours ago

Hm. Okay Happy, I agree…likely not a cat…but…I watched the Mooz poo out at least a foot, I think it was shortly after I adopted her and I think she had just been holding it. However 2 inches wide? I agree that doesn’t quite sound like a cat colon. OK I’m sure everybody’s tired of spewing their coffee all over their computer screens or whatever they’re using here let’s move on…🤪

Zaz, It’s true sometimes these things happen for a reason. The universe telling you you need to take a break.

• happyleg
    10 hours ago

Me too & I hope the poop saga ends. Thx Lia.

• Alice Edwards
    10 hours ago

Printesa your flowers are beautiful! Of course with all the work and days upon weeks upon months you care for all of them. All year no doubt it takes to keep them so pretty and healthy. I am curious, what kind of stand do you have in there for the bushes?

• Alice Edwards
    10 hours ago

I know you posted on my thread as well, just took a glance but I was checking on here too. Usually go see everybody else when I finally get to sit, btw it’s 8:15 pm) 😔 before I get to my post.

• tiffany66
    10 hours ago
    last modified: 9 hours ago

ROTFLOL so much. Zaz I can't say that your dilemma has gone to poo, but its borderline. Happy and Lia, I have not laughed this much in a year. I am literally sitting here with tears running. I so thank you all for this delightful moment.

I'm feeling your pain that you have not been able to coax a confession out of the little guy as yet. Have you all tried putting him in a chair with a bright light on him? LOL. On the other hand he must be fairly bright to make the decision he did -- right place -- wrong species. OR . . . maybe instead of identifying with another gender, he is now identifying as a CAT. Apparently it is a thing, look at this man. A real Serious catman. I'm saying a little prayer to my Angel that he will learn to curb this tendency sometime before he reaches 16, otherwise he may find a shortage of party invites in his future.

For future reference, here is a link to the medical Bristol Stool Chart that's been created to help people describe this sort of thing, where you can just reference it by number, rather than description.

Me -- no children -- No need for sympathy, I'm good thanks. ROTFLOL I rarely laugh this hard. Thank you so so much. And I thought I had problems. yikes.

• glschisler
    8 hours ago

Printesa, those peonies are FABULOUS AND BEAUTIFUL! 🥰I am so envious! We use tomato cages to support our peonies.

• tiffany66
    7 hours ago

Zaz this room reminds me of your bedroom. It shows mirrors on each side of the bed. Simple but elegant. Gives you an idea of another look. This style could easily be done by a local mirror company and you could have any measurement you want.

• tiffany66
    5 hours ago

Happy I think I found a sign for your house front. "Squatters not welcome."

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

• tiffany66
    4 hours ago

Oh Printesa you sooo do have a green thumb. No need for a trip to the florist for flowers for the house or gifts when you are the grower. Cant get fresher than that. Girl you have abundance and they are so healthy looking. I love all the fluffy flowers - Peonies , Ranunculus, geraniums, carnations, etc. But strangely not Roses as much.

OK, so when are you coming to my house for a consultation. But think low low maintenance. In fact, when are all you ladies coming to MI.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths