SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hugogurll

Anyone get their plants from Grace Rose Farm yet?

hugogurll
last month

I see they've got some marked down to just $69 each. Wow, such a deal.

Comments (272)

• Heather RR (PNW 8b)
    6 days ago

Emmie, I had to look up Moliere (my aborted English major seems to have passed him by) and I love absudist literature and plays so thanks for the introduction!

Personally, I’ve decided to wait until my Evelyns come in next year before I even consider GRF exclusives again but I might use them as a source for Otto & Sons roses if something pops up that I can’t easily get elsewhere. I also need a year to see how these florist roses even do in a no spray PNW garden like mine.

• BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
    6 days ago
    last modified: 6 days ago

Tartuffe would be a great name for a DA rose!

I wonder why GRF plants take extremely long from the time a tracking is generated, the plant boxed to when it arrives to the owner Some of the unboxing pics look like potatoes that have been left in the pantry for way too long. Its much more than a leaf or two that developed without light during normal transport

• Related Discussions

Grace Rose Farm Nursery now open!

Q

Comments (35)
    It is expensive for me plus shipping from one west coast to East coast. Besides, I can only admire the roses and it is highly not recommended in multiflora here. It won't last long . So, I will be passing it up with certainty but pls post pics which I would love to see and admire :) jin
    ...See More

From the Curator of The Nursery at Grace Rose Farm

Q

Comments (19)
    There is something about the aura and mystery of many of these roses that have been around much longer than my lifetime and may have originated in faraway places that makes them worth so much more than what a local store or nursery may carry. They are very precious parts of my garden experience. My increasing tiredness makes it difficult for me to get out much now, and being able to receive roses in the mail is a necessity now as much as a luxury. Of course I shouldn't be buying more roses at all, but Zalud House and President de Carnot are following me into my dreams. I want to say that knowing that the people who care for these wonderful roses at this nursery are also being cared for makes me very happy. We're all in this together, and this by no means easy work deserves adequate compensation.
    ...See More

Anyone get your David Austin Bare Root Roses Yet?

Q

Comments (456)
    Echo, Dying , yes! I’m glad you received a refund. The big week freeze in March was very much a surprise to many roses. It could have caused that roses later decline. Or another issue. After that March big nation wide-freeze week, at first my roses looked ok; but 1-2 months later leaves came out brown , dry, and some canes finally turned brown/black. Last week I trimmed off a long black cane which was obvious frost damage, that I saw in April end & beginning of May, but took almost 2 months to turn dark. Growers won’t see the damage after a big frost right away, it comes out much later as rose tries to grow. As it warmed up to 65-70F most of time I finally saw the damage as it grew.
    ...See More

Grace Rose Farm

Q

Comments (12)
    wow, GRF is getting quite the great reputation around here. I just got a fantastic bare root own root Plum Perfect from Witherspoon (just came like 2 hours ago). Nice roots, etc. I tried to order from Grace Rose Farm - until I learned that most of their stuff is grafted on Dr. Huey - which us south florida, nematode infested rose growers cannot cannot cannot do. Sigh. They are working toward own root for the future, so maybe next year.... Amazing that they are giving you TWICE the order. That's just fantastic.
    ...See More
  • Joshua Beaton
    5 days ago

Ok I have a follow up to my ups tracking extravaganza! It says the package is in a nearby town due to arrive tomorrow! Keep in mind, this might be just the packing slip in an envelope, which would be a cruel cruel joke lol. Fingers crossed!

• Diane Brakefield
    5 days ago

The thread that will not die. No rose. Diane

• HU-712391181
    5 days ago
    last modified: 5 days ago

I ordered one pathetic rose from them and after much hassle they finally sent it. I, too, will never order from them again. Its all about appearances and looking good on social media. There is no substance underneath it all. My experience with them was terrible and I'm glad it's over. What an awful company.

• Joshua Beaton
    4 days ago

Wow…after all of the back and forth with customer service for two generous gardener roses ordered last fall, I can officially say I received my order this morning! They were packaged well and they were still moist, looked very healthy. I just got them in the ground. I appreciate GRF is a family owned business and they are learning but I dont think I will be ordering from them again. Gardening is meant to be relaxing! Wish everyone luck with their orders.

• Diane Brakefield
    4 days ago

My Mother's Day gift from Grace--no rose. Diane

• elenazone6
    3 days ago

Diane, I am starting my day to check if you got Ashley... May be it worth to bag them again?

My Ashley's started to bloom. Wish you best of luck to get it!

• Elestrial 7a
    3 days ago

Elena she looks beautiful. I also have still not received my Ashley, still says label printed :(

• brickandmeadow
    3 days ago

Thanks for all the updates. I am still waiting as well… No ”exclusive” shipped yet. But I saw that someone on IG received ’Mansfield Park Pink.’ so maybe soon?

• Andrea zone 9b
    3 days ago

I ordered back in August, and I just received a notification that my 3 roses will be delivered tomorrow. Francis Meilland, Yves Piaget & White O’Hara exclusive…not sure which ones will arrive, but I’m hoping its all 3!

• KittyNYz6
    2 days ago
    last modified: 2 days ago

Andrea, Did you get your GRF roses?

Elena,

Ashley is exquisite! I have 2 baby Ashleys from fall in a pot. Someday it will be amazing to see them look like yours!!!

GRF may be very delayed, but her Exclusives are to die for!!!

This morning I had delivered from GRF my Exclusive, Noting Hill. I will open after work tonight! I have GREAT ANTICIPATION to open the box!!!!! Will it be 1 Exclusive rose or 2 in a pot?

May need give away 1 Ashley & 1 Notting Hill if both are double Exclusive roses. I don’t think I need doubles???

I emailed GRF a few times reminding I had shipping label on May 2. for Notting Hill Exclusive I waited a year & Bl Baccara ordered this spring. They shipped Bl Baccara today,, May 15. I received Notting Hill today-2 weeks after label printed.

Soooooo I teceived this soring so far Mother of Pearl and Notting Hill, and Bl Baccara now says ”On the way,” shipped today! Yay Yay! “Bl Baccara is a Comin! !!!!!!” Woohoo!

Brick & Diane,

Those Exclusives gotta come sooner or L………. “The sun will come out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!”

And I’d really like the sun to come out tomorrow…. I am having an eternally rainy spring in NY! 🤪🌺🥀😊😇

• elenazone6
    2 days ago
    last modified: 2 days ago

Kitty, you are always so kind and positive! I have fulfilled my promise to you here:

My Garden

• Diane Brakefield
    2 days ago

Sun we have in abundance, but no rose from you know who. Sorry I missed this thread yesterday--very busy day. I'm not as optimistic as Kitty. Diane

• KittyNYz6
    yesterday
    last modified: yesterday

Elena, Thank you! Your gardens are beautifully landscaped and the roses are lusciously blooming!

GRF: Notting Hill Exclusive twin baby 6 inch roses came last night in one pot. Needs pruned & repotting. I need to grow them back to health. I would encourage GRF to look at production & see what is being sent to customers. After a couple months I am sure my NH will look nice! I will give one to a friend. It is a beautiful rose in photos on GRF.

The SUN is coming out today! 72F! Woohoo!

Notting Hill Exclusive delivered: 2 babies in a pot, mostly I already removed dried leaves , a few yellow/brown/red to black canes.

Newly potted, separated , pruned off.

5 inch Notting Hill Exclusive

Other Notting Hill

Anastasia enjoying Notting Hill, Lol!

Anastasia here to brighten our day!

• brickandmeadow
    yesterday

I asked again about my exclusive rose yesterday and for an ETA on shipping and I received a response that Gracie and Ryan are unavailable to oversee the shipping, so no shipments at this time.

I don’t understand this at all. I would think for such a large operation there would be a Shipping Manager and team to handle this type of work.

• Elestrial 7a
    yesterday

I sent them an email on Monday asking for a status update but received no response. Sent another one today. Sigh

• haku84_zone9
    yesterday

I was going to order Mansfield Park Prink, but didnt pull the trigger. I'm kinda glad I didn't after reading the issues they have with shipping, and the pictures of $80 twigs (yes my probably unpopular opinion). Hopefully another rose grower and grow some of these roses who have experience getting the rose to the buyer as promised.

• Emmie PNW 7b
    yesterday

They're not available to oversee shipping? For goodness sakes. The excuses grow more ridiculous. I'm so sorry to those of you still waiting.

• brickandmeadow
    yesterday

‘Mansfield Park Pink’ is the exclusive I am waiting for... I have no idea what to expect. I ordered a grafted rose, so that should be a larger rose. Honestly, at this point, if they said it wasn’t available and offered a refund, I’d be super happy!! :)

• elenazone6
    yesterday

Yessss! So glad for you Diane! I can only imagine the size of Ashly in your garden!

Good luck for those who still waiting.

• Elestrial 7a
    yesterday

That's awesome Diane, that gives me hope

• HU-119019847
    yesterday

it is my understanding that the exclusives that come two in a pot are meant to be potted together to grow into one bush so that you have a larger rose bush more quickly.

• Heather RR (PNW 8b)
    yesterday

Great news, Diane! It’s great to hear all these good reports about their grafted roses, this gives me some hope that my grafted Evelyn will be amazing when she finally arrives next year.

In my opinion the two to a pot idea is most likely just them covering up for a poor job rooting their roses and then they put a spin on it to make it sound better. It looks like they are only going to do grafted now which is a good thing because their own roots are pretty pathetic considering their price. For what it’s worth most of my duplicates are doing well after separating except for the smallest O’Hara Pink twig that is slowly declining but who knows, it might still come back from the roots. The other O’Hara Pink is looking good so I still have the rose I wanted, just smaller than expected for now.

• Diane Brakefield
    yesterday

Thanks, everyone. I'm pretty my plant is a single, but I haven't checked yet. Doing other things. I'll post about it later. Diane

• HU-119019847
    yesterday

Otto & Sons will still be growing own root for them

• Heather RR (PNW 8b)
    yesterday

Diane, I am pretty sure the grafted roses were all singles. At least from what I’ve seen here and on the facebook discussions. I wonder if they have been improving their packaging or have better packaging for the grafted roses because mine came with ok packaging but definitely not great.

Hu, thanks for the clarification - now I’m not actually sure where I got the impression they were doing grafted only. Hopefully the own roots that are being delivered now were not Otto & Sons or if they were they get better at it because these were both the worst and most expensive own roots I have ever ordered. Even my RVR bands looked better.

• Diane Brakefield
    yesterday

Heather, hanks for the news about GRF grafted roses. I don't understand the packaging for own root. They should be more consistent in their packaging. I have to say that I got a 40% sale discount when I ordered back on March 4, so that helped some, but with the $20 shipping for one rose, Ashley was by far the most expensive rose I've ever purchased. My five gallon Angel Face, blooming when I picked her up the other day from Edwards' special greenhouse for prepaid roses, was $44, plus tax. And Edwards' prices had really jumped from last year. Diane

• HU-119019847
    yesterday

Heather RR I think it would probably depend on when you purchased the own root. The last few own root releases have all been grown by Otto & Sons. GRF will only be producing grafted at their production farm moving forward but they will still have multiple new releases each year from Otto & Sons.

Yes it does seem like packaging changed this last week or two to enable the rose bushes to ship more securely given UPS’s antics with packages.

• KittyNYz6
    yesterday

HU, I read that GRF has been receiving all own-root Exclusives from the Arizona nursery on GRF website and that her grafted other roses come from Arizona then go to Otto & Sons to pot. . Is that different now? Where can I read further about it?

From GRF website FAQ:

• KittyNYz6
    yesterday

Diane,

Congrats on your grafted Ashley! She will grow beautifully for you!

GRF says all her roses are “premium quality arriving…. leafed out, ready to bloom. “ Not sure that applied to my Notting Hill….. Lol! 🤪 my Notting Hill rose above photos….

• metiel
    yesterday

I am in zone 9. I ordered Notting Hill and Kordes (plum perfect) and they have both arrived today. They were well packaged and the roses are in excellent condition. I wanted to order more but after I have seen some of the comments here, I kind of hesitate. Maybe I was lucky, I am not sure. I haven’t taken a picture but they are exactly like the ones in elenazone6’s pictures. Only slightly bigger.

• Ryan Coastal LA Zone 10b
    yesterday

I’ve been to Otto’s a couple of times. They have massive fields but I’ve never seen a greenhouse which would be needed for propagation. Pretty sure that’s all handled by a grower in Arizona. GRF just has a special arrangement to ship Otto’s potted grafted roses since Otto’s doesn’t ship. They’re also shipping 2g (or maybe 3gallon?) roses not the 5 gallon you get at Otto’s.

Many nurseries around here buy wholesale from Otto’s or you can go there and buy direct. They have really nice looking plants. The own root stuff GRF has been shipping doesn’t look like the quality I’d expect from Otto’s.

• J
    9 hours ago

A quick google sleuthing and it turns out the farm that was helping propagate her genetic stock stole her intellectual property and genetic material. Clearly, she should have told us that a) our personal information has been stolen and that b) her material and work has been stolen from her as well. My anger has dissipated and now I feel mostly helpless I am still missing 9 roses. Cappucino which she will be shipping Spring 2025 plus 8 that were missing from my Fall 2023 delivery. I feel dissapointed but no longer feel the seathing anger I felt before.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7FTvDrSwu2/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• rifis (zone 6b-7a NJ)
    7 hours ago

Hasn’t Tyler posted here in the past?

He could come on here and tell us it (J’s bombshell reporting) ain’t so.

• Diane Brakefield
    7 hours ago

Between Etsy sellers, Garden Roses LLC, and GRF, I am totally confused. No more ordering roses from anyone for me. I'm buying locally, if at all. Diane

6 hours ago
    last modified: 6 hours ago

That was a very interesting read, J, thanks for providing the link. Certainly more engrossing than anything I would have seen on TV tonight. As the plaintiff, all the allegations are made by GRF, but I would wait for the trial results before assigning any blame.

• Roses In Clay
    5 hours ago

BenT, can I steal your wording to share this?

5 hours ago

Roses in Clay

Yes, sure.

• Andrea zone 9b
    5 hours ago

KittyNYz6

My roses still havent arrived 😐

• Elestrial 7a
    5 hours ago

My own-root J'Adore arrived today alongside 2 Otto & Sons grafted non-exclusives. The Otto & Sons roses looked fine, but J'Adore unfortunately wasn't properly secured. Someone had forgotten to pull out those little cardboard tabs to help keep her in place so she was battered badly being so small in such a large box. Unfortunately the main cane was split at the base. I've reached out to customer service and asked for a replacement. I'm going to try to tape her but I'm not sure if that will work or not

• HU-119019847
    4 hours ago

Kitty the change is a new development. I guess the lawsuit tells us why.

• elenazone6
    4 hours ago

Ben, most likely it would be a confidential settlement, not a trial.

• J
    4 hours ago

• HU-119019847
    4 hours ago

Andrea zone 9b

All orders in their systems are to be shipped by the end of this month

• J
    4 hours ago

There was a comment left by a party to the lawsuit which I deleted after I found out that it was misleading and that it was also coming from a former employee of Grace Rose Farm. It was implied the case was dismissed with prejudice by the judge. However, the petitioner (Grace Rose) is whom requested the dismissal. It only names Francis associates in the dismissal but leaves out the Bordon person/employee. I guess we are all free to make assumptions. Certainly a lot to unpack there. The lawsuit against the employee must still be ongoing? Perhaps there is ongoing mediation? Not here to accuse or defend. I just believe as consumers we need to be aware of what is going on. Also, if customer information was stolen what did the employee do with all of our personal info? I will tune back in after the court date on the webpage. Ben, definitely something I would follow on tv 😅

4 hours ago

So GRF filed the lawsuit in Jan 2024, and then filed for it’s dismissal in Mar 2024. Yes, J, I was very much looking forward to a Rose Espionage Trial, but now I will have to go back to my mundane life of deadheading spent flowers. Perhaps Judge Judy could still take on the double-crossing Bordon agent?

I did go ahead and register on the April and Ashley website, they will let me know when they start their new exclusive rose business, lol!

• sautesmom Sacramento
    3 hours ago

Yes dismissal with prejudice means that the lawsuit is over between those  parties and can never be refiled again.

If it were against everyone it would say the entire action.

It only against that party or parties listed-- the lawsuit is still going on against all the other named  defendants.

It almost always happens because those two parties have settled and part of the settlement agreement is that there is a dismissal with prejudice ending that lawsuit.

• Roses In Clay
    2 hours ago

Thanks for finding this out J.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor