SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_802224546

help with exterior colors and siding

HU-802224546
9 days ago

Help me before I pull the trigger on the siding order. This is our 1950s ranch, half the house in the back has asbestos siding and the garage has cheap vinyl that is broken all over. The front is mostly brick with some old plywood siding around the porch windows and front door. Our windows and garage door are all new. We only have the siding, soffits, gutter and front door left. I am thinking of doing all the asbestos and vinyl siding in the color flint 5” double lap vinyl siding from Georgia pacific. And not sure what to do with the area on the porch maybe something cedar or board and batten? Like the inspiration picture (I know it’s not the same style house). I have no idea for the front door, but our house is west facing and the black is impossibly hot in the summer. I thought about lime washing the brick to brighten it but not 100% on that (included a close up of the brick). I like the idea of black gutters and soffits. A house in a few neighborhoods over has cedar looking fascia and I love the look but just not sure if it will look ok or if I’m throwing too much at the house. The front iron posts will be replaced with 6x6 cedar, and we are putting in a new paver walkway so our porch can be used as an actual porch. My first plan was to do white siding and black everywhere else, but I feel like this has been overdone so much lately plus I don’t want to have to keep white siding clean 🤣. Anyone have suggestions?

Comments (8)