SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aedenhillsestate

New 36" Gas range. Took a chance and love it

I will update this later, after counters get installed. But I needed to reach out to the community and share my journey. I have bought many a range and wall oven etc for my build projects. From Thermador, Wolf, Monogram and many many more over the years. I have stood by and watched prices shoot up and quality fall down.
I studied every brand I could find that I didn't know and the ones I did know. I had not heard of Janska before(I knew their planters) but read everything I could. Their warranty is 4 years but means nothing if they don't fix anything. Few companies give more than 2 years, Janska gives 4 and see the pic of their users manual. That statement is a strong one. I bought this 36 in (wanted a 48 but the room was tight). I read everything on line and in print I could find. If all else failed, I could return the unit to HD and get refunded.
I got it yesterday and let me say...the look and feel of this unit is amazing. The grill that is included weighs 16 pounds. The grates are seriously rugged. The knobs(you get 2 colors) are not cheap ones. The highest burner is 20k. The blue color inside reminds me of you know who. The look is simple yet sophisticated (in my opinion). The finish on this baby is great. The fit and finish amaze me. I am so surprised I had to let others know. My guess is when word gets out, they won't be as inexpensive as they are now. I was all in for under 2300. The delivery does not include set up(50$) but I am ok with that. If the function is half as good it looks, it will kick the red knob and blue knob guy's butt. Lol. You can find bad reviews on every brand out there, I read reviews on units from 1600$ to 18000$. I know I will be pleased on the function and I look forward to having an issue so I can test out the Janska promise. Btw...I love the Italian burners(says made in Italy...not China). Can't wait to get this puppy installed and crank up the heat.

Comments (4)