SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cj47_gw

New Electrolux Dryer with Clamshell filter - NOT IMPRESSED

cj47
last year

After 11 years with our Electrolux Dryer, it finally gave up the ghost--board and heating element (for the second time). The new one came with a clamshell lint trap--it is two layers and opens up to clean it, which is sort of a pain, but OK. So far, I can't say I'm impressed with it. Drying any large and bulky load (load of towels, blankets) results in lint all over the front of the door, and sometimes, we get a few drips of water as well. Cleaning up after the dryer? No, thanks. This happened with the very first loads, so it's not that the lint trap is dirty. It's under warranty so of course, the repairman visited and said that the problem is restricted air flow. The issue is not the venting we have, he checked all that and it's OK. Apparently it's the lint filter--again, this is a new dryer, and this was the first time we'd used it. (Towels seemed like a good start). He rinsed the lint trap and it didn't let water pass easily--this was a week after delivery. We do not use softeners. He suggested smaller loads of towels. If I wanted to do smaller loads, I'd have bought a smaller machine! The old one never gave us any issues and worked great. Anyone else with this issue? Bad design or am I just lucky?

Comments (22)